- The Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census (DCRC) is to deliver the highest standard of civil registration and census-related services.
- Ensure professional service delivery through optimal Information Communication and Technology use.
- To update and maintain citizens’ information correctly.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of integrity, honesty, and discipline while delivering public services.
- The administrators and officials must be people-friendly and must be ever ready to respond to the general public to provide timely, high-quality, and reliable services.
- Strengthen and accelerate organized and affirmative interpersonal relationships amongst employees to provide professional services at all times to come.
- To achieve 100% birth and death registration without delay.
- To minimize census drop-out cases.
- To authenticate census records with correct information.
- Execute plans, policies, and directives.
- Assist Dasho Dzongdag in all citizenship and census matters.
- Coordinate between the Dzongkhag and the headquarters on census and citizenship matters.
- Plan an annual census work plan regarding the updation of birth and deaths in the Gewogs.
- Process and verify the applications for citizenship identity cards, special residence permit cards, name changes, and age corrections.
- Process and update census transfer cases.
- Distribute citizenship identity and special residence permit cards in the Dzongkhag.
- Conduct annual census as per the guidelines of headquarters.
- Compile naturalization cases upon receipt of a verification letter from the Department of Immigration.
- Compile census drop-out and citizenship matters for onward submission to the Department of Civil Registration & Census.
- Issue population figures upon written approval of the Department only.
- Ensure unauthorized people do not have access to BCRS.
- Verify, compile, and submit reports on Civil Registration & Census cases.
- Verify and approve the online services as delegated to the Dzongkhag
The services provided are:
- Registration of Birth
- Processing and issuance of New Citizenship Card/ Special Resident Card.
- Processing and issuance of Lost/Renewal/ Replacement Citizenship Card/ Special Resident Cards.
- Processing Name Change and Correction of Date of Birth
- Issuance of Nationality certificate
- Issuance of Household Information
- Processing the Census Transfer
- Updating individual information of Citizen/ Special Resident Card Holder
- Updating the Head of Household
- Updating the Spouse’s Information
- Issuance of Individual Information
- Naturalization/ Regularization
- Death Registration.